UPS Trackpad® 6.0 and Janam XT3
IT'S TIME TO UPGRADE! HERE'S WHY:
IT’S TIME TO UPGRADE TO TRACKPAD 6.0 WITH THE JANAM XT3 HANDHELD! HERE’S WHY:
- All updates and enhancements are now for devices running Android Operating System
- The Windows Mobile 6.5 Operating System reached its end of life in January of 2020.
By upgrading to UPS Trackpad® 6.0 and Janam XT3, you will have access to the latest UPS Trackpad® software. You will also have faster, better hardware performance and enhanced user experience with the Android operating system.
Why Upgrade to UPS Trackpad® 6.0?
- Handheld-based tracking number barcode
validation – Trackpad now warns the user when an invalid or wrong barcode is scanned. The handheld can be configured to allow the user to be warned and reject the barcode or give the user the option to accept
• Handheld-based alerts – The desktop function has been added to the handheld to enable mobile workers to view and act upon package-based alerts.
• Added support – for enabling transaction commit on custom field one entry and tracking number validation based on the configured tracking number validation options.
• Auto Transaction Commit – In situations where speed is key, the software can be configured to auto-commit after data is entered in the custom field one. Users can quickly scan without having to view the data and manually commit each scan.
• Customized Recipient Parsing – Recipient data can
be customized by the user to read all or part of the data provided.
Why Upgrade to Janam XT3?
Android operating system – The operating system is more consumer friendly. Most users are already familiar with the Android interface from their personal smartphones. Android operating systems are updated continuously for security compliance.
New hardware – Android hardware has a faster processor and more memory (2GB/16GB) for better application performance.
Warranty – with a purchase of a new XT3, you will receive a free two-year Premium Service Plan. Janam’s Premium Service Plan offers a “spare in the air” loaner.
- Refined Magstripe processing – Taking advantage of the Janam XT3 low-profile integrated magnetic stripe reader, the software allows the user more control over the data scanned. Data can be read from either employee or student ID cards and stored in Trackpad.